ONGOING INVESTIGATION AGAINST COX COMMUNICATIONS
Soderstrom Law PC is investigating allegations of false advertising, hidden fees, inadequate disclosures, and unfair contracts made by residential customers nationwide against Cox Communications, Inc. and its affiliates.
Numerous residential customers have alleged that Cox:
- advertised unattainable and unreliable internet speeds;
- leased modems and routers and used a network and infrastructure that was not capable of supporting the advertised speeds;
- charged unexpected or hidden fees and surcharges that disguised the true cost of its residential services;
- used false and misleading “No Contracts” advertisements;
- failed to give proper notice and obtain consent to its automatic payment terms; and
- imposed unfair, unconscionable, and unenforceable online contracts on its residential customers.
In May 2018, Soderstrom Law filed a class action related to Cox’s residential internet services. That court case is presently stayed while the parties are in arbitration. You can read the current version of the complaint here.
In October 2019, Consumer Reports published an extensive report stating that cable companies like Cox are “piling on more and more hidden fees that result in higher bills for consumers.” You can read the report here. Soderstrom Law is not affiliated with Consumer Reports but is actively investigating whether Cox engaged in the allegedly deceptive practices described in the report.
If you believe Cox failed to deliver the internet speeds, reliability, and performance that was promised; if you believed Cox’s “No Contracts” promises; or if you purchased other Cox services (such as cable TV or phone services) and you believe you were charged hidden or improper fees and surcharges, you may be entitled to seek a cash refund, future discounts or credits, or other legal remedies in court, in arbitration, or as part of a settlement.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. Counsel responsible for this advertisement includes: Jamin S. Soderstrom, Soderstrom Law PC, 3 Park Plaza, Suite 100, Irvine, California 92614, Ph: (949) 667-4700. The information on this website is not legal advice. Soderstrom Law PC cannot and does not guarantee any result or outcome in your specific situation.